“Framing artificial intelligence to neuromuscular disorders”, this is the title of the editorial written by Benedikt Schoser, neurologist, professor at the hospital of the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München in Munich, Germany, partner of CoMPaSS-NMD, for the October issue of Current Opinion in Neurology. #AI can greatly improve the management of #neuromuscular disease from the onset of the first symptoms and during the whole disease progression. How does AI do this?
– AI-driven frameworks integrate and analyse diverse data sources including genetic information, clinical data sets, MRI and muscle histology imaging data, and patient-reported outcomes
– AI-guided robots support patients improving their mobility and independence
– Telemedicine services: AI-based real time monitoring and virtual consultations is possible at home and anywhere
– AI-assisted pharmacovigilance: AI can identify potential adverse reactions to medications used in neuromuscular disorders
– Generative AI, like ChatGPT, can facilitate the communication at all levels, contributing to raise awareness about neuromuscular disorders.